- Ruth Sawyer, The Way of the Storyteller
- Nancy Schimmel, Just Enough to Tell A Story
- Anne Pellowski, The World of Storytelling, The Storytelling Vine
- Diane Wolkstein, The Magic Orange Tree
- Donald Davis, Telling Your Own Stories
- Margaret Read MacDonald, The Storytellers Sourcebook
- Doug Lipman, The Storytelling Coach, Improving Your Storytelling, Storytelling Games
- Robin Moore, Creating a Family Storytelling Tradition: Awakening the Hidden Storyteller
The National Storytelling Network
NSN, 132 Boone St. Suite #5, JONESBOROUGH, TN 37659
800-525-4314 • http://www.storynet.org
- Festival in October
- Annual Congress
- Quarterly Journal
- Directory of Storytellers
- Catalogue of Books, Tapes, Records, etc.
Local Networking in NC
Louise Omoto Kessel – I put out a monthly email newsletter with local storytelling events listed. I’m also available for performances and workshops. 919-542-5599
NC Storytellers Guild – The NCSG currently sponsors an annual storytelling festival in November of each year, as well as a Winter Workshop and Spring Retreat/Annual Meeting. Membership is $35/year for an individual and includes a subscription to the Journal of Tarheel Tellers, which comes out quarterly. Sylvia Payne, Membership Director, 1621 Nathanial Street, Newton, NC 28658
The Monti – The Monti is a Triangle area storytelling series that features people from the community telling PERSONAL stories. It started in 2008 and was an instant success!
I know of two storytelling groups in the area. . .
Durham group – contact Bill Friedman:
Wake Forest group – contact Claire Ramsey